Happy New Year!
January! Nothing like a brand new, clean, uncluttered calendar page to get the imagination going and inspire a fresh start. I'm not always one for making resolutions, but have been feeling recently that I'm spending more time doing things I ought to do, and not carving out enough time for the things I want to do. With that in mind, here are a few of my bookish and bloggish resolutions for 2012 - what are yours?
- Write more (fiction, not reviews). Preferably something that isn't completely dreadful - but will take whatever comes as part of the learning process.
- Continue to blog slowly* (have drifted, mostly out of necessity, into a once or twice a week posting schedule, and have found that works really well for me... if not as well for the page hits)
- Do more of what I love best on the blog: writer/author Q&As, Three Good Things, and Story Sundays.
- Read some new literary magazines
- Spend less time/spend more productive time on the computer (errr... hmm.)
- ...and on a non-bookish note: get back to doing yoga... and cut down on the cookies.
Wishing you a happy & healthy New Year! Are you a resolution maker - why/why not? What aspirations do you have for the New Year?
*see Anne R. Allen's philosophy on blogging